Sunday, October 01, 2006

Site Seeing


At times I find the wealth of information available on the internet to be quite exhausting. Surfing the web tends to aggravate my ADHD (I'm self diagnosed) and no one site tends to hold my attention for very long. Every now and then I come across a site that's like a breath of fresh air and I'm glued to the computer for hours, even if it's only to look at the photos! Take a peek at a few that I discovered recently.

EYE CANDY
JMary.net features the couture collections of Los Angeles based designer Jennifer Mary. The site's presentation is simple, but the clothing speaks for itself. I'm especially digging the Holiday '05 collection. Not only because the models featured are African-American, but the styling for the shoot (as with most on this site) is magnificent.

B.O.B (Black owned business) Part:1
Pieces Boutique is the brainchild of husband and wife team Latisha and Colin Darling. These 2 met while honing their skills at retailer Old Navy. The boutiques physical locations are in Harlem and Brooklyn, but if you're not in NY you can experience the delightfully funky and down-to-earth vibe their site piecesofbklyn.com. Described by Suede and Essence magazine as "an underground favorite " I have a feeling that it won't be that way for long (if they haven't blown up already) . The boutique offers designer labels as well as their own private label designs for men and women.

B.O.B: part 2




At the end of the day it's all love:) Check out the variety of Oh-so-cute t-shirts and tanks available at iluvblackpeople.com





JEWELRY BARGAINS
I love girlprops.com and alltherageonline.com for cheap and chic jewelry finds. The wares from these sites have been featured in publications such as Essence, Life & Style, Glamour, and the list goes on. I had my eye on these:


LABEL LOVERS

For the label conscious among us, shopbop.com and revolveclothing.com are one-stop shop destinations that stock all of the "must have" labels of the moment: Juicy Couture, L.A.M.B., Catherine Malandrino, Joie, and Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent just to name a few.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey A_Fashionista, wanna try finding some ultra funky rags of riches like the J Mary ditty for a sista? Hotness!!

ND said...

YSB, you are killing me today. I will put that on my list of things to do ASAP!