Saturday, October 21, 2006

L.A. FASHION WEEK presents SPRING 2007


LA fashion week took place this week and I had the pleasure of attending my first "real" fashion show last night. A friend invited me as her plus one so I jumped at the opportunity. I should have known something was up when A) we weren't pulling into the parking lot of Smashbox studios(where some of the runway shows took place) B) The models were still practicing when we showed up and C) I found out that Andy Dick was the emcee. The theme of the show was a Fashion Walk-off in which the models were to go head-to-head while dazzling us in the latest fashions. The highlights of the evening included waiting around for 3 hours while listening to 80's tunes (this part wasn't actually so bad and I got to meet some cool people), White boys doing the dance routine from Michael Jackson's "Beat it" on the runway, and having a few unrecognizable "celebrity" sightings.

Notice that I make no actual mention of the lace and nylon remnants that some of the designers were trying to pass off as fashion. Let's just say that my friend and I learned some valuable lessons about what we don't want to happen in our future business ventures.

I would have much rather attended the shows featured below that took place earlier in the week. **Sigh** Maybe next year :)

DRAMA QUEEN

Designs by Evisu, Sheri Bodell, Alan del Rosario, and Bebe

RUFFLES & ROMANCE

Designs by Elsie Katz, Balano, and Yana K

TAKE A BOW

Designs by Kevin Hall, Kelly Nishimoto, Dina Bar-El

ONE PIECE

Designs by Morphine Generation and Louis Verdad

No comments: