Saturday, November 18, 2006

VIBRANT THING



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Solange, Iman, Gabrielle, and Rihanna prove the power of color

There has been much ado about the little black dress (also known as LBD) lately. The fashion staple has been praised for it's chic versatility and flattering nature. I rocked a LBD of my own at a recent soiree and I looked pretty cute if I do say so myself. But guess what? So did the other 9 chicks that were sporting LBD's that evening.

I don't know about you, but I have absolutely no interest in looking like everybody else....especially at a social gathering. In keeping with that thought, opting for color is one of the easiest ways to stand out from the crowd. I'm not talking about tacky "look at me" neon colors, I'm suggesting wearing rich jewel tones or vibrant primary colors. These are easier to pull off and tend to be flattering on most skin tones. Here are some looks l liked:


Red tube dress,$168; Banana Republic; BCBG Drop waist dress,$129;Bluefly



Purple tube dress, $66.50; Criss-Cross halter dress, $54; both at asos.com

Slip dress, $194; Twelfth Street;shopbop.com;Empire Waist dress, $144;asos.com

Jewel accented halter dress, $144;Donna Ricco;Alight.com


Put these dynamic frocks together with peep or round toe pumps and fishnets for a quirky vibe. Think tasteful jewelry and strappy sandals for a more sophisticated look. Go ahead and try it, that little black dress isn't going anywhere.

No comments: