Tuesday, January 09, 2007

TREND WATCH 2007: 70's/80's chic

Shell buckle belt: $24; high waisted jean: $110, patent skimmer: $34; all @ Urban outfitters, Vintage collection shades: $15, 80s purple; printed dress: $168 famous style

This spring we get to see a bit of the 70's and the more sophisticated side of the 8o's. It's very reminiscent of some the kinds of things my mom wore back in the day that -years ago-I wouldn't have been caught dead in (I swear she owned a belt just like the one pictured above). Oh, how times have changed. Also, was I the only sweatin' the high waisted jeans that Thandie Newton's character was sporting during the Pursuit of Happyness ?


This isn't the best picture, but if you saw the movie -which I believe was set in the 80's-you get the idea.
I can't quite put my finger on what draws me to this look, maybe it's the interesting silhouettes, the vintage-y prints, or perhaps I'm just feeling a bit nostalgic. Either way this trend is definitely one of my faves.

And what's this I spy with my little eye?

Me thinks Gabby was spotted out recently wearing the dress featured above.


No comments: