Saturday, February 10, 2007

FASHION BOREDOM


So all of the 'What to wear for Spring!' magazine issues are beginning to roll in. I'm normally all excited about going to purchase the encyclopedia thick mags so that I can view the awe inspiring layouts filled with items that I can't possibly afford. But this year, I'm flipping through these joints and I'm positively BORED.
I've seen nothing that I felt compelled to try to run out and buy or even fantasize about purchasing in the future. While this may be good for my wallet (I've found nothing on the last 3 shopping trips), it's not all that great for my blog or full time job which requires me to inspired. I hate to write about or buy clothes that I don't absolutely love. I just think that life is too short and my closet space too limited for mediocrity.
I said all that to say that I was just wondering if I was alone in my thought that fashion was kind of slow these days. I'm kind of feeling like I've see it all before. I'm hoping that when I get around to checking out footage from the Fall 07 shows that we'll be seeing something new, fresh, and totally unexpected.

Here's hoping.......

No comments: